Saturday, September 1, 2007

My philosophy of Career. (Bo Le & Thousand-Miles Horse)

Legend has it that some very rare horses are capable of traveling a thousand miles in a day.
These rare animals are known as "Thousand-mile horses".
Bo Le (伯樂) of the Warring States period is regarded as the Master who discovered these rare and highly prized horses.

Story Begins.... It happened in year XXXX...

When I was an intern, I always see myself as a "Thousand-miles horse".
During my internship in a talent casting studio working as a talent casting photographer, there was once I work continuously for 36 hours. (Don't do it, It actually harm your body badly)

Then I went back to my advertising world. I read, eat, sleep, think & breathe about it.

What I was waiting for, is the "Bo Le" of my life.

And when I started CC+J Adhaus with CheeChiaw, I knew my role has changed from a "Thousand-miles horse" to "Bo Le".

I've been spotting for Thousand-mile horses for CC+J, thus we have the Team members with CC+J now & we will do this continuously .

BUT...we don't want them to be Thousand-miles horses always, we want them to be "Bo Le" themselves one day.
We train, we provide the platform... & most importantly, we provide chances.

Teh is now Head of Interactive (from Interactive Designer), he is slowly transforming into Bo Le from a Superb Thousand-miles horse, (In fact, he really did physically ran Thousand-Miles for the Team & CC+J, truly appreciate it.)

In CC+J, everyone has equal chances to be a "Bo Le"!

Looking forward to see the NEXT.

Cheers!

No comments: