Tuesday, May 22, 2007

the crab speaks


hi, i'm the crab in ccplusj.

no, really. i watched those dumb people in the office tap on their keyboards the whole day, and i learnt how to do the same. not that difficult, really.

it's my first week here. the people are weird. they think it's funny picking me up while i'm resting and putting me on people's backs. then they scream and laugh (i can't tell the difference) and look at me like i'm some sort of monster.

sometimes they take me out of my tank, and place me on the table. for some strange reason, they find it funny when i scurry away. i mean, what else can you do when you're on a big table? silly humans.

i have two other friends with me in the cage. they don't speak much, though. they're crabs, i understand, but a friendly handshake sometimes wouldn't hurt. or we could rub noses, you know. anything. these guys are just so crabby.

oh yeah, apparently there's this new guy in the office. he looks really good. name's mok or mot, something along those lines. hehe...sounds more like a crab name than human to me.

he's here as a copywriter, if i heard correctly (darn, i wish i had ears). beats me why, i didn't see him copying anything since yesterday. i mean, i could sit there the whole day and tap at the keyboard. kinda like what i'm doing now.

i wonder why they keep tapping those keyboards. can't they figure the right button to press? these people must be really dumb. they've been tapping for days and i still see that dazed look on their faces. you know, like how when the water in the tank gets too cold.

sometimes i wish i was a human. it must be so exciting. not like being a crab. we lousy crabs wake up every morning...wait for food...mingle meaninglessly with our crab friends...wait again for food...wonder what a beautiful world it must be out there, and what we're doing here...eat again...dream of the beach...then finally, sleep because the lights are off.

sigh...i bet humans don't need to repeat this tired routine everyday.

whoops...i hear noises. they're back. till next time, the crab has spoken!

1 comment:

Joescher said...

HAHAHA! Wonderful! Interesting point-of-view. I LOVE IT!