Monday, August 27, 2012

We gotta be GRIDY

Ever wonder why many times designer find it difficult to explain the beauty of their artworks?
"He got an eye for that" , "it's something that can't be explain", "Don't know how to say..." etc. 

For years being a designer myself dwelled in the secret above until I got exposed to grid system when i designed my first corporate profile. 

It's an "aha" moment to me!
As if all make sense when I realized those design elements would look really beautiful especially with grid system applied. It makes those white space not overly spacious but maintain the balance or a subhead seems to have proper parking over a layout for sharper communication flow rather than messy and out of place.

Here's one of the very useful articles we've found recently and thought its useful especially getting yourself a bit "gridy".

No comments: